Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, November 15, 2004

I lent my iPod to a friend and got it back recently. It left me with 10+ GB of songs and came back with an extra 2 GB he's transferred in. That really thrilled me cos I'm looking forward to listening to new music, but the problem is the songs he's uploaded aren't readily identifiable. This means I've got to scroll through the list of artistes or albums for the unfamiliar ones. It doesn't help that my friend and I have similar music tastes, so I'm not too sure which are the ones he's added. But it's an adventure anyway, like a treasure hunt without clues.

So today I was walking down Orchard Road on my way to meet a friend, and I started scrolling through my iPod list. Just then I saw the song you've recorded for me, and I've forgotten about it cos it's been a while. You were always one for extravagance... others gave me songs, but you had to sing them too. Playing your song was almost an automatic reflex. This was how you started. You said, "Dear invisible" and rattled off with your intro, while you plucked your new guitar strings melodramatically. All the while you switched between your speaking (American) and singing (British) accents, and tried to act campy though in truth, you did sing well.

And you were so funny I listened to you from start till end with this huge grin on my face. I guess it must have looked really weird to other passerbys but I didn't really give a damn. It was a spontaneous memory of you and a wonderful one, and I realise it was more than enough.

Life is like an iPod. You never know what song you're gonna get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home