Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 14, 2004

On how a friend tried to use film to explain to me the difference between the driving speed of a Peugeot and an Evo-8.

Him: "Look, let's do this in terms of films. Think of Peugeot like a film by Cocteau."
Me: "I don't remember any films by Cocteau. Is he the director of Beauty & the Beast? That old black and white version?"
Him: "I don't know, was that him?"
Me: "Can't we compare with another director then?"
Him: "Well, it's got to be french like the car."
Me: "How about Goddard?"
Him: "No, Goddard is too much."
Me: "Too avant garde? I mean, either you love or hate french cinema."
Him: "Ok, think of it this way. If you did know Cocteau, then Peugeot is like Cocteau coming up against a Japanese film like Zatoichi. Bam! There's just no competition."

And strangely I got him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home