Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Mixbag of thoughts.
Today I met my UK travelmate and Yoyo consecutively for spontaneous breakfast though I think I wasn't quite awake. Yoyo lent me a double-CD album of Glenn Gould's rendition of The Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1, in the sleevenotes of which Glenn Gould described a harpsipiano (a harpsipiano?!) as "a neurotic piano that thinks it's a harpsichord". I must hear this instrument.

I've been avoiding phone calls and emails from the Australian I met at Borders, who's trying to meet up with me. He's the plague, you can say. He has asked me to read the latest issue of Vanity Fair for musical inspiration. I don't mean to belittle this magazine, but it's not music fodder, no?

I've never been sent a sms message in a film screening by someone sitting just next to me. Until now that is.

Oh, and my customer just called. Time for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home