Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Been out for at least 14 hours today and somewhere along the way, I persuaded Quest to buy a car. In fact, we both bought them in the same colour. lol. Actually, they're micro-radio control toy cars from the toy fair at the Takashimaya basement. I had this idea we could buy and race our toy cars on the spot, but it failed because a) you need a screwdriver to open the lid to place the batteries in and I only had a tiny swiss army knife without the screwdriver function, and b) even if we had inserted the batteries, both toy cars are the same colour and well, identifying the winner will be challenging won't it? What resulted was we took our toy cars and headed for the motor show to see real cars with our friends instead.

I think that could have been the first and last motor show I'm ever attending. We walked around for 3 hours, during which the guys were amused by my lack of interest and know-how in cars. Every technical detail was met with a glazed-over look, and I would reply gamely with: "So, what colour is the car?" It was fun though just to hang out and bump into people Quest knows.

Quest once mentioned that there are very few people he'll bother to go out of his way to meet just for an hour, and that I'm one of them. Thank you. If I've never replied properly, I'll gladly do that for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home