Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Another draining day in the office.

I worked continuously except for a 15 minute lunch break, and then I stopped in the evening when I wasn't thinking clearly anymore. I was too exhausted to run after that, even though you had started keeping a spreadsheet to track how frequent and long our runs were.

In the cab over to your place, I kept yawning as I struggled to stay awake. The cab driver asked if I was an accountant (which I'm not), because he used to be one and was often as tired as I looked. He said he decided to drive a cab instead 4 years ago, and never looked back. I thought about it but no, I would make a lousy cab driver.

You cooked dinner instead, and we veged out watching American Idol on TV. And it was good, just being with you.

If only you can sit everyday in my work cubicle and boost up my flagging spirit.

2 Comments:

  • I can imagine you being a cab driver...with your superb driving skills and homing pigeon direction sense! But accountancy for you could be safer for Singapore roads as a whole! ;p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

  • I thought you've only driven once since you passed ur driving test. - dave

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home