Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend.

Had lunch at Queen's Cafe, where Wong Kar Wai shot parts of "Days of Being Wild". Except it was not the original site, but the new site in Causeway Bay they've moved to. Darn. So I gazed upon the autographed poster they hung there of "Days of Being Wild" (circa '95) and ate my lunch special.

Also bought the DVD of "DiG!", a documentary on Brian Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhols. Incidentally, this won the Jury Prize at Sundance. Can't watch it till I return to Singapore but at least I'll watch BJM perform this coming weekend (yes I bought my weekend pass to the Rockit Festival).

Caught 4 film screenings over the weekend, 2 of which were Japanese movies. Amongst them were "Nana", which was based on a punk musician manga, and "Way of Blue Sky", a coming-of-age movie.

Glow mentioned that he's recently read a book which he thought was about me. It's Keith Ferrazzi's "Never Eat Alone", about building relationships (like a "fast and meaningful slice of intimacy"). Haven't read it before but I'm curious to check it out.

What I did finish reading was Anne Tyler's "The Amateur Marriage".

3 Comments:

  • how's Anne Tyler? Used to love her works.

    Sounds like HK quite happening..

    By Blogger Davester, at 10:35 PM  

  • Have you checked out Goldfinch Restaurant?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM  

  • Goldfinch restaurant not yet, but here's a link of interesting movie locations in HK:

    http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/cinema/travel/archives/cat_hong_kong_island.php

    By Blogger vaya, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home