Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What I haven't had a chance to post:
There's a german staying on my floor who dislikes being spoken to in English. He speaks fluent Cantonese and has spent a few years previously in Japan. My US travelmate and I discovered this in the span of a lift ride from my floor to the ground floor, during which I thought my US travelmate would start conversing in German to my neighbour, and I would have to chime in with my rusty German as well. Luckily, we controlled ourselves and didn't freak him out.

I met a girl recently who hadn't dreamt in years. She mentioned that in the last dream she could remember, she was flying happily. Not high over buildings, but low heights, at waist level. She concluded that it was during that time when she really picked up swimming, and it felt like flying to her. I wish she'll be able to dream again.

More on the dance documentary I've mentioned previously:
The 19 year old boy was so disinclined for people to turn up at his performance that he either misinformed them of the venue or the time. Then in the end, he got impulsive and phoned his mum to tell her about his performance. That was nice.

Now listening to a new Depeche Mode song entitled "Precious" on auto-repeat, feeling everything will happen in its own time.

2 Comments:

  • From brard. Runner's World Article on running to music

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

  • That's a great article! :) So I'm a disassociative runner! lol. I find it's true though, cos I assess every new song I hear and wonder if I can run to it on auto-repeat. Some songs have a god rhythm but are too short, and I need the song to be at least 4min long in order not to keep checking out the speedometer. Lately I'm running to Ladytron.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home