Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

This morning I ran 6km to Spoon's "I Summon You" on auto-repeat. There's a line that goes: "Remember the weight of the world/ It's a sound that we used to buy/ On cassette and 45".

Have you ever wondered, if you listen to a song looping forever, won't that song change you somehow?
In that case, everytime I run, I undergo a metamorphosis.

On the other hand, Kate Bush's latest album includes a song titled "Pi". On it, she recited decimal places, and I laughed because I could cross-check these numbers in my head while listening to the song. I wonder if she has learnt to sing this song without looking at the lyrics? Do Kate Bush and I have something in common now? Is this my song or what?

3 Comments:

  • saw the lyrics to this song during the weekend.... tot of you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

  • so how many dec places of pi r in that song? i know it's def more than 30 :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

  • here's your answer (i think): http://usability.typepad.com/confusability/2005/11/kate_bush_sings.html

    -leslie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home