Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

How could I have forgotten to mention that I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger as he strolled beaming through the supermarket behind my place last Saturday? It seemed that he was making an appearance at Victoria Park, so he made a detour to visit the supermarket (to promote Californian food products probably). It didn't occur to me I would be clutching a huge pack of toilet rolls in the presence of the Terminator but there you go.

My iPod has been reset and it's now working! Thanks to my bro for forwarding reset instructions, but I actually reset it last night. I didn't realise that the reset steps for my old 2nd generation iPod and the present one are different (you press different buttons on the dial).

Started reading Wim Wenders' photo journal.
What he wrote that stuck in my head:
- every photo can be the opening shot of a movie
- the subject matter of each photo is both the photographed and the photographer

We are presented with a photo and seldom wonder about the motivation and thoughts of the photographer who shot it. But looking at Wim Wenders' photos, his films made more sense to me as I could see a bit more of his own character. How he's humble in the presence of other directors though he himself is no small fish. How he kept shooting pictures of fallen planes with broken wings.

It's sunny today at 17 degrees celsius. Sounds odd but true. Last night I went on a shopping spree as I was speared on by the cold to buy warmer clothing. I bought 3 long sleeve tops and another jacket, and panicked momentarily about lugging all this home next year.

Did I mention? My stint here has been extended another 2 months. For now.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, its getting chilly. I am still looking around for the perfect black Autumn jacket. Any ideas?

    By Blogger Titania, at 3:11 PM  

  • but you like it.

    anyway i'm going up to HK next month.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Titania: i don't have the perfect black autumn jacket but i have the perfect jean shirt-dress jacket.(US Travelmate: it's a fuss-free and much warmer version of the one we saw at bauhaus)

    mouseybaby: eh baby(?!). anyway, do let me know when u're here so we can catch up if we can, cos i'm also flying home for a short trip sometime next mth too. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home