Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I spend so much time in the office that I know the security guards have a 12 hour shift, and that the pantry auntie has a musical box she listens to every morning (it plays some Disney tune which title I can't recall).

Everyday I see beggars on my way to and from work, lying prostrate on the streets begging. It's sad and disconcerting, especially since it's crowded and they can get trampled on accidentally.

I'm learning more Cantonese slang too. Dating means "pak tor" in cantonese, and I've been told casual dating means "pak san tor", where "san" means scattered or leisurely, like a stroll. lol.

I still haven't boiled water in my apartment yet, and this means I've not started on my road to try cooking in Hong Kong.

The sequence in my mind is this:
1. To boil water
2. To make coffee (well, 3-in-1 type)
3. To "cook" cup noodles
4. To buy a frying pan, cooking oil and skewer
5. To buy eggs
6. To be an expert cooking different variations of eggs
7. And if I'm still in Hong Kong, I'll tackle some other dishes

My schedule here seems to have extended again. I guess I should bring my coat here after all.

This weekend I plan to watch Tsui Hark's "Seven Swords" in the original Cantonese version, and meet up friends visiting from Singapore. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home