Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I realise that I amuse the Hong Kong natives because I'm not shy about speaking in my broken Cantonese. I don't speak hesitantly even though I often unwittingly substitute the Mandarin pronunciation instead of the Cantonese one. It gives people a chance to laugh and it helps lighten the mood. I think it's given them a warped perception of Singaporean women though.

My counterpart in the Hong Kong office is a night owl while I'm an early morning person (since my service apartment is less than 10 minutes walk from the office, it doesn't make sense not to come into work when you're already awake right?). What's good is that I've gained his trust in the relatively short time I've been here and he often goes by my judgment. I only hope his trust isn't misplaced cos I'm just learning too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home