Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Skip this bit if it terrifies you to read about my domestication. I'm shuddering as I type. lol.

I've discovered that my service apartment location is not only near to my workplace, it's also within walking distance of a 24-hour supermarket, 7-11, a version of IKEA called PriceRite, bookstores and eateries (including an Indonesian restaurant across the road where I ate Mee Goreng last night).

Last night I did 2 trips to PriceRite and bought mismatched bedsheets (cream), pillowcases (lilac purple) and summer quilt (white with pink flowers) cos they didn't have matching stock on hand now and I desperately needed to buy something to sleep on. I've also bought pillows, a kettle (not used), washing detergent, kitchen cleaner, microwaveable plates and bowls. Then I made a further trip to the supermarket and bought apples, milk, mineral water, bread, yogurt etc, so yes I'm eating healthy.

The only problem is I didn't sleep that well cos the mattress is too hard and the pillow too high. I don't mind the hard mattress bit but I ended up sleeping without the pillow, which irked me. I guess I've got to hunt down a smaller/ softer pillow tonight. Oh, and SKII too.

What amuses me about my small service apartment is that it has 2 air-conditioners though there's not much space. Also, I need to read the gas meter and report gas usage myself every mid-month to the local authorities.

It's all good though work is piling up scarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home