Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Had coffee with Brard while he drooled over my latest mobile phone. It's weird we didn't bond much as siblings till we got older but I'm glad we did. :) Thanks for keeping an eye out for mum.

Met Glow again for tea at the same cafe we went to previously, and this time it was also before my meeting with the girls. At the other end of the cafe was a table of women, and Glow recognised one of them. I told him to go over and say hi but he didn't cos he didn't know her well. This set me thinking cos I would probably have gone over if I were him. How can I explain? Meeting new people is a connect-the-dot situation for me, and I'm often curious as to how long a connected line can get.

Later on I recounted this to Tweewo when we met for tea the next day, and he told me that recently when he was thinking of someone whose thoughts on religion would be closest to his, he actually thought of me. Well, that was before I sprung my karma theory of connecting the dots on him but anyway.. :)

Dinner with the girls (chilli crab! fried bee hoon! apple salad! ice cream! and I realise I left before we tackled the beer, lol) while my UK travelmate's dog kept circling us for scraps of food. I really hope the girls all make it to Hong Kong to visit me as planned!

Had drinks with ex-colleagues and coincidentally Chuan was nearby attending a wedding dinner. I asked him to drop by so we could meet, and by some bizarre coincidence, another one of his friends was holding his wedding dinner at the hotel I was at too. So, I ended up gatecrashing the wedding dinner after the event, drinking with the groom and his buddies at a poolside table while chatting idly. The most surreal moments were when the groom put his newly-wed wife on speakerphone every time she phoned (she was with their parents) cos he was avoiding mobile phone radiation. Lol. But I had fun!

Fate also intervened to let me bump into friends I hadn't thought I could have met (K & M, Jedixus & Shazz..) and I'm really glad. Every wonderful memory with friends and family this weekend will be treasured and revisited when I return to Hong Kong tomorrow morning. Take care folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home