Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 12, 2004

I woke up this morning to find that I'm read by lainey's friend Silenus, and my blog entries have actually influenced him to go out and get DeLillo's Cosmopolis after a year's hiatus from reading. And he has quoted passages I've not yet read. Wow. I'm glad you've started reading again, and with this book too. :)

Now, if only I can influence people the same way for music.. here goes:

Things seem so much better when
they're not a part of your close surroundings.
Like words in a letter sent..
amplified by the distance.
Possibilities and the sweeter dreams,
sights and sounds calling from far away.
I didn't know you then, now did I girl?
I couldn't hear you singing softly to me.
I didn't see the brave girl so near me.
I wanted a mystery that couldn't be solved,
I wanted a puzzle with pieces missing.
I wanted a story that couldn't be told,
only the fishing part of fishing.

And now I find
It was you all the time.
I'm in love again -
It's too late now.

- Kings of Convenience, Singing Softly to me

I've typed out the entire lyrics rather than google for it and paste it here. I guess this approximate sincerity of typing out everything will move someone to get a copy of Kings of Convenience's album Quiet is the new Loud from 3-4 years years back. If you've distanced yourself from music, I think you can't do better than this album. The first line I've ever blogged is from this album. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home