Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, April 09, 2004

Random memory #6581. Of all the past you's, there's only one whom I don't have a picture of. It's not deliberate, but the closest approximation is probably an outline of your left hand which you've traced on a piece of white paper for me a long time back.

Remember that bright sunny day when the rest of the world was at work and we were just lazing after katong laksa? I was playing with my camera phone when your face swam into focus. You tried to duck a bit and I told you to relax cos I wouldn't snap your picture. And I didn't. After that we got up to leave and passed by that bogus fortune-telling stand, and the girl manning it promised to tell our fortunes by scanning our hands electronically. We laughed and thought why not, and she took down our birth years and horoscopes. I went first, sticking my right hand into that scanning box. It was like photostating my hand actually, with the image projected onto a screen just beside the scanner. Then it was your turn to stick your left hand in the scanner, and it looked so weird I took a picture of your hand projected on the screen. 'Cept your whole hand didn't appear due to the flickers on the cathode ray tube while it was refreshing the image. I've caught your palm, your ring and the bits of your fingers near the knuckles, but a silhouette outline of me appeared on the top part of the screen instead. Then the girl gave us our fortune slips and fake golden coins in satchels to keep for good luck, and we stood by the path reading our fortunes incredulously. Strangely there were 4D numbers on our fortune slips too.

That was a lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home