Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I went to bed and woke in the same clothes and strange listless mood. I slept way too little and lay in bed hoping to drift back to sleep again. Instead I thought about beer.. Kilkenny beer to be exact. I remembered da mouse's comment that Kilkenny shouldn't be drunk from the can, but should be poured into a glass while the can's held vertical over the glass. This way the widget in the can aerates the beer to give the best head of foam. I asked, what if we drink the beer from the can while we hold it vertically? He replied no one does that, and I mused about why it's Kilkenny I prefer to the rest. Would it be because it's a "difficult" beer? Then I pulled myself out of bed, looked out at the bright intense morning blaze, blanched at running in this heat, and knew I would do it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home