Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I woke up today expecting to watch only 1 film, but ended up watching 3 as well as a handful of local shorts (for which I had to stand 1.5 hours at the back of a stuffy room). I love the Hungarian film Hukkle, which had zero dialogue except for 2 songs near the end. This film appealed cos I'm all zeroes and ones in my attention to detail, and this film has nothing but details.

After the films, I decided to cancel tomorrow's early morning gym and went instead to a pub to watch the Man U vs Liverpool match, more for the beer than the game. It was boring, and I amused myself by occasionally looking up in the sky to track the movement of a speck of light. It didn't blink so it should have been a satellite, and it was a fast moving one at that. During the game, I just sat and twiddled my thumbs slowly, tracing the circumference of my thumb ring again and again. The times I was following the game, I was just amazed at how the guys could divide their attention between the 2 screens in front (one for the Man U vs Liverpool match; the other for Manchester City vs Leicester). And then I remembered how you're a big fan of Man U too, but we've never watched a single match together. I figured you were probably watching this match too, and would be devastated that Man U lost.

At the end of it all, I'm glad to have a friend who can give me a ride home, with whom I don't need to make conversation, and who can tolerate my offtune and offkey singing. So I sang offtune and offkey to Sia all the way back, and now I'm home, it's late, I lack sleep, haven't read today's papers, haven't showered, feel like finishing Aimee Bender's book, and want to blog about needing music like an asthma inhaler to prevent the onset of an attack. But I do none of these things yet and I space out a little. Just because.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home