Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, December 17, 2001

Today I promptly bought another roll of 400 film but didn't manage to load it into my lomo successfully, even after exposing a few shots. Like ttj mentioned, lomo is the "lo-fi post-rock equivalence in photography", and I guess I'm too used to the normal auto-load idiot-proof cameras. So I brought the lomo down to the pool joint and asked limabean to help me load it. Then he used his lomo to take a shot of the pool balls while I was breaking. When developed, that pic turned out quite nicely despite the sparse lighting.

After some experimentation, we found that it is possible for pics taken by the lomo to come out blurred (despite being more like a pin-hole camera). And it seems better to focus on more colourful moving subjects not too far away. Anyway, I still have a lot to learn.

Maybe I should bring both my lomo and my digicam around to take similar pictures and compare their effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home