Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, December 16, 2001

I bought the December issue of music magazine Q today. Normally I don't read it, but the December issue comes with a free CD of the supposed cream of the crop plus a list of the Top 50 albums this year. I'm strangely fascinated by what critics consider absolute essentials cos lots of times I think their picks are odd. Sometimes they pick obscure albums by artistes nobody's heard of... snob appeal? Anyway while scanning through the Top 50 albums list with ttj, I found that I could not only identify those albums I own, but also those owned by each specific friend. Gee. I didn't know I bothered to remember other people's music purchases. Well, I only have 5 of the Top 50 albums while ttj scored 10.

Mine are:
- the Avalanches' Since I Left You
- Nelly Furtado's Whoa, Nelly!
- Radiohead's Amnesiac
- the Strokes' Is this it?
- Travis' The Invisible Band

To be frank, I think there are much better albums dropped from the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home