Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, December 16, 2001

I started the day with the good intentions to work out (either jog or gym), followed by a bout of intense cramming of Lord of the Rings.Of course as it turned out, I didn't exercise but managed to finish watching the cartoon adaptation of LOTR. Not really satisfying cos lots of omissions in plot and characters (Arwen the Elf princess didn't even appear!). Then I took an afternoon nap, during which I had 3 phone calls. By the time I had the third call, I realised that any further plans to sleep would be quite in vain and decided to go join limabean in his Christmas shopping. Well to be precise, part of the time I was waiting for him at Borders reading LOTR while he did his consumer duties there. (Hey, right at this moment I'm 66 pages from the end of Fellowship of the Rings, muahahaha!)

Anyway, I'm glad I met up with him cos he showed me his new toy... a lomo camera. He demonstrated how it worked (no batteries needed, manual wind-up action), and it was one of those with 2x2 split lens. I mean I've read reviews about a lomo before, but to actually hold one and use it was something else. It didn't matter that the view-finder was a hollow glass-less frame and the lomo had quite a few limitations. I just felt... delirious. So limabean took me to buy one too. I bought a different model from his (a cream coloured lomo with 4 lined-up lens) and straightaway started snapping pictures all over the place. I didn't think I was that trigger happy. In fact, the main reason I switched from my previous camera to a digicam was cos I never managed to finish film and always left film in the camera for months on end.

In the end I finished taking the whole roll of 24 pic 200 film in an hour or so, and we dropped the film off at a photo shop for a quick development. However, when we got back to pick up the pics half an hour later, the shop lady only produced one pic. ONE. It seemed like all the other pics turned out too dark. I was so crestfallen clutching that one pic that I hardly talked. All those moving traffic and people I've taken! That colourful double-decker bus that flashed by! All those missed shots! But then I took a closer look at the murky blue-black pic I held in my hand and thought, "At least one made it". Next time I won't use 200 film, that's all.

And then inbetween all this, I received a long distance call from a good friend. I wasn't very coherent and it was probably a confusing conversation, but thank you for remembering me. :)

Today's such a pretty day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home