Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, December 14, 2001

I gave up my regular Friday night pool session to attend dinner with some ex-classmates from german class, and got snubbed by one of them instead. Unbelievable. This 40-year-old first dominated the conversation by gushing about her 2 month European trip with her rich husband. She raved about visiting Bergen (Norway) and Prague etc, and everyone listened on attentively. I've been to those places 3 years ago too but I didn't say anything to steal her limelight. However, I was totally bored. Then I got a couple of sms from friends about other drinking sessions, and this woman glared at me and sneered, "Oh, you must be quite a clown to be so popular." What the fuck? What's the bitch talking about? I curbed myself from spitting back in kind and just smilingly shrugged. The others sat in uncomfortable silence. Great. I told myself there and then that life is too short to spend time with people I don't give a damn about. In the end, I left after dinner and didn't join them for drinks. I sms'd Jedixus to find out if he's clubbing, but decided against joining him cos of the long queue.

The up side is l had a brief drink with limabean before the gathering with my ex-classmates and tried an Old Speckled Hen beer at Penny Black for the first time. Then I managed to see my brother and sis-in-law at my place when I got home, before they left for their own place. The evening wasn't that wasted after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home