Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, October 21, 2005

What happened between the last post and this one:

I went to Thailand and missed Hong Kong when I was there. Yup, not Singapore, but Hong Kong. Everyday in Thailand was spent shuttling between the hotel and the office, and each time the cab driver didn't know how to get to our destination. Attended teleconferences there as well, and missed the ones which took place while I was transiting between countries. I really didn't see much of Thailand after all.

I got home and discovered that my US travelmate left me: 2 bottles of beer, 1 lime, 2 containers of yogurt, a stack of magazines and a tube of hair conditioner. lol. Thanks dear!

Last weekend, we went to my usual cat cafe as well a dog cafe. There were only 4 dogs in the dog cafe and they were hyperactive. They also yelped a lot and weren't as accessible as the cats. The cat cafe beats the dog one hands down. But then I've just discovered a new dog cafe featuring 4 dogs too, this time including a St. Bernard. Maybe I should go check it out this weekend.

During my trip to Thailand, I had a few interesting conversations with a Hong Kong colleague. One topic we talked about most was the difference between Singaporeans and Hong Kongers. In Hong Kong, they have these ads for tuition agencies where the teachers will pose like glam models, and they'll claim that their track record is students scoring 50 A's, 100 B's and 500 C's (ie. high pass rate). I told my colleague that these ads won't fly in Singapore. First of all, we don't trust glam-looking teachers. Next, in Singapore the track record will have to be reversed, like 500 A's, 100 B's and 50 C's (meaning high score rate rather than high pass rate).

I'm just glad it's coming up to the weekend. Maybe it's time for another trip to an outlying island.

4 Comments:

  • when u coming back?

    hahahaha....US Travelmate didn't cook while she was there?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

  • I've not planned for any trip back till I've completed work and can return for good. :) No she didn't cook, I asked her not to.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • haha... i did leave my traces afterall :P anyway, enjoy the beers... check the expiry on the yoghurt & u should condition your hair :D

    anyway a HUGE hug & thank you for having me over @ such short notice. it helped :) muak

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • It was fun, :) Have a good trip to Vietnam u all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home