Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today I phoned my best friend but didn't manage to reach him. Happy birthday, and you've got an incoherent voice mail on your mobile phone. :)

Baking analogy at work. Co-workers were debating over how best to serve an over-sized cake with the most minimal effort. I wasn't paying attention but when I realised they were still thinking of trimming the cake to fit the plate, I leaned over and told them to simply get a bigger plate. Sigh. Bakers seem to understand only ovens and cakes, and plates are too low-tech.

Today I also listened to a new song (Jose Gonzalez's "Crosses") and learnt an English proverb. It says: "A quiet conscience sleeps in thunder." Maybe I won't ever have a quiet conscience then.

Tomorrow is Casual Wear Day in Hong Kong (they have a TV ad on this). Everyone's supposed to dress casual to work to show equality in rank, and along the way we donate money. Hmm.

1 Comments:

  • every problem looks like a nail when you only have a hammer. or so goes the saying ... -leslie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home