Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, August 19, 2005

Group teleconferences often crack me up. The last time we sat in a meeting room on an overseas call, a co-worker hooked his laptop to the projector and everyone looked on amused as he surfed the web. Someone else got up and paced around the boardroom table. Occasionally we would mute the phone when someone on the other end assigned us tasks, so we could wave our hands around and swear cheerfully. I like my co-workers quite a lot and they've taken me under their wing too. I am definitely buying local foodstuff back for them when I go back next Monday.

Touched down in Singapore just less than 3 hours ago and have turned down invites from different friends to hang out. Instead, I'm home sampling new music and later I'm going to watch a DVD. This may not sound terribly exciting but this is really what I crave for.

Music list:
Goldfrapp's "Supernature"
Sufjan Stevens' "Greetings from Michigan"
Ladytron's "The Witching Hour"
Juliet's "Random Order"
Laura Viers' "Carbon Glacier" and "Year of Meteors"
KT Tunstall's "Eye to the Telescope"
Stereo MC's "Paradise"

Yes it is distruptive to come home just for the weekend and take the earliest flight out next Monday, but no, it really is no hardship to work in Hong Kong at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home