Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, June 17, 2005

On my way home. At the customs check before the VAT Refund counter in the airport at Rome, a group of Taiwanese passengers were desperately trying to get their VAT refund before boarding their plane. However, with last minute calls summoning them on the PA system, people gave up one by one to rush for the boarding gate. Well, all except 2 girls. They clung on so tenaciously in the queue that 2 airlines personnel came separately to berate and threaten them for holding up a flight of over 300 people for 15 minutes. Still, they didn't cave in. I don't know what happened in the end but I guess the plane had to wait after all. I can imagine it would be more troublesome to hunt down and offload their luggage from the plane.

I'm back and trying to get back to a normal sleeping pattern. I've watched 4 films on my flight over and 3 films on my flight back (including *surprise surprise* "Ring 2", when I don't normally watch horror flicks at all), so my body clock is pretty screwed up right now.

But hey. I didn't lose my luggage on the trip home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home