Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Blog snapshot.
Films watched in 6 days: Tokyo Eyes. Le Cercle Rouge. Clean. Savage Planet. Cinema Electronica. Shynola Rarities. Resfest shorts. (Even I find it amazing how I've got time to watch films no matter how busy I am.)

Books borrowed today: Steve Martin's The Pleasure of my Company (yes, another actor turned novelist) and Don DeLillo's Players.

Gig: Danny Tenaglia at Zouk. I'm definitely not into tribal house, no matter how famous or good the DJ is. Tony's breakbeats set at Phuture was much more danceable. Anyway, the dancefloor dynamics was such that I started out at Zouk with 3 guy friends, lost them one by one, got migrated slowly but surely further back from the DJ console, and ended up upstairs at Phuture.

Taxi driver conversation: The taxi driver sending me home from Zouk considered ang moh guys his worst clubbing passengers and Malay youths his best (he didn't rank Chinese women so I didn't know where I stood with him).

Screening venue with worst phone reception: Asian Civilisations museum auditorium wins, no contest. It's in the basement and at least that guarantees no annoying disruptions from mobile phones during Resfest screenings. However, there's the dash up the staircase inbetween screenings just to check for sms messages.

Resfest: Yes, tickets are steep ($15) and they start late everytime (the worst was a 30 minute delay). But the films are good and they have freebies at the Lounge (DVD, magnet, notebook, posters, festival guide). Give it a chance.

Sleep: Not enough of. So here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home