Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, October 30, 2004

I really enjoyed watching 2046. Now I can understand why a friend has watched it 9 times and counting, though I'm not about to do the same. I can rave about the lush colours, gorgeous music, cinematography, acting and all, but the thing that stuck in my mind most immediately was Faye Wong's character as the retarded android.

Eh. I guess there's a spoiler coming up.

The scene that made me smile most is this: Kimura Takuya is a traveller in the science fiction story entitled 2046 in the movie. He meets with the android acted by Faye Wong, and relates to her how people in the past used to tell their secrets. They would go to the mountains and tell their secret into a hole in a tree, and seal it up with earth forever. Faye Wong's android then makes an OK sign with her hand to signify a hole, for him to speak his secret to. He looks curiously at her but leans closer to her hand anyway to divulge his secret, and she shifts her hand away with a blank look on her face. Still he follows the hole made by her hand in an attempt to spill his secret, and she continues to shift her hand all the while with that blank expression.

I liked that somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home