Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Woke up early after 4 hours of sleep. On my way to the gym, I ducked into an empty shoe boutique impulsively and tried on a pair of 3/4 calf-length black boots. I guess I was subconsciously influenced by my US travelmate, who's been hunting for a similar pair. The good thing was they weren't too pointy (a woman wearing a pointy long pair of boots was singled out by Yoyo as the librarian from Hell last night). I thought what the heck, and bought them. The boots came in a gigantic box cos the boots were so long. In fact, I've travelled with luggage much smaller than this box. What else could I do but lug the monster wherever I went: which is the gym, lunch and library, in that order.

Anyway, about lunch. I tucked into a slice of cookie cheese cake first while reading Jeff Greenwald's The Size of the World, a travelogue about travelling round earth without leaving the ground (he wrote: "All over the world, it seems, bus travel is about playing with the eight-year-old in the seat in front of you." and this eight-year-old later offered him a fruit washed with shampoo, cos he was reluctant to eat unwashed fruits. Eh.) Did a mental calculation of the last time I've eaten greens, sighed and ordered a plate of Caesar's salad with ikan bilis. Weird I know, but the combination surprisingly worked. I read slowly, picked out all the yucky olives generously sprinkled in the salad, and felt content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home