Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, January 26, 2003

On music. Someone was telling me about a niche variation of speedbass, which is more than 240bpm and only about 16 seconds long. So I timed it in my head - 4 beats to each second - to figure out the sound. I didn't quite get it but it made me smile, and I wonder what it'd be like to run while listening to a speedbass track on autorepeat. I find that music I'll dance to is also music I'll run to... maybe it's the same thing, whatever gets my feet to respond.

Today I bought an old album by E-Z Rollers called Weekend World, which is sorta like jazz and soul influenced drum & bass. Their music was featured in the movie Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels but I have no recollection. Anyway, I'm blogging now while listening to it and it's dead brilliant. Can't wait to get their latest album.

Also watched 8 Mile. Eminem has a brooding presence you just can't ignore; some folks may point out that it's cos his real life closely mirrors the movie, but I think he did fine. I'm biased though since I only own one rap album and it's his.

Last thought. I realised too that I'd rather spend money on music first and foremost. Not clothes, not books, not toys, not movies, not pool. Music is the last thing I'll compromise on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home