Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, January 23, 2003

My users are nice but inefficient folks, ie. they work hard rather than smart. There's one who can only cope with one task at a time, so he has stopped reading his emails. However, emailing is my most basic means of communication since I don't have time to meet with everyone to convey every new update. As a result, this user didn't incorporate changes requested for in the emails into the task he's doing. This lengthened the task time and added to his frustration. He's a doer, not a thinker; and often he would do the wrong thing first rather than think, just for the sake of doing something. No amount of coaxing from me would make him read his emails, and I sense that he's tuning me out so he can focus on his task.

People are the most difficult elements in a project, not the cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home