Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, January 31, 2003

I'm going to rant about the user who doesn't read emails, whom I shall call Moron. Yes cruel but true, so I'm not going to be all PC about it. Why am I angry with him?

1. Moron has gone one step further by not answering his mobile phone either and this is a hassle for me since he sits on the other end of the company, in a server room where there is no phone extension. He will concede to answering SMS though, but when I phone his mobile phone immediately after receiving his SMS, he will not pick up the call. Amazing.

2. Knowing Moron doesn't read his email or answer his mobile phone, I've walked over personally to tell him face-to-face about an important email to read before editing a data file. Actually pointed out the exact email listing all the necessary changes on his screen. Guess what? Data file comes back without the changes mentioned in email.

3. Moron clocks in the bulk of his time to my project, but I know he spends lots of time on other goodness-knows-what tasks. And this charging means I'm not hitting project budget.

4. Moron doesn't want to understand WHY I ask him to do things in a certain way, and gives me his stubborn "not listening" look when I try to explain. But if he doesn't understand why, there's no stopping him from making the same mistakes again next time.

5. And Moron gives me attitude. There's an important meeting today with a vendor which I've asked Moron to attend so he could observe and learn. And he didn't. Though I've verbally told him 2 days ago. With a follow-up reminder email. And a SMS this morning before the vendor is due this afternoon. And 2 phone calls when the vendor was finally here. And yet another SMS. I stopped short of going over to him and pulling him over cos if he didn't want to learn, I wasn't going to beg him. And he wandered over 2 hours later to say that he was concentrating on the one and only task I've assigned him and didn't want to be distracted.

But since Moron is my customer's personnel, I can't openly shoot him down in front of his boss and ask to transfer him out. And to top it off, they're reducing 2 months off my project dateline so I need to deliver faster with the current resources. Woohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home