Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Tired and busy. Read da mouse's blog and he's also tired and busy, but definitely on a grander scale. Sometimes I don't know how I ended up this way. I'm not really ambitious or career-oriented... I seem to be play-acting at work while waiting for someone to come along and stop the game. And I'm still waiting.

Another near accident today. Debated against jaywalking in the drizzle this evening and crossed the road at a traffic stop. Was walking away from the traffic stop when a van ploughed into the bushes where I was standing 3 minutes ago. Think it swerved to avoid a car that braked suddenly. Walked back anxiously to find out if the driver is ok, and dialed 911 on my mobile phone. The driver emerged and gave a wave to show he's ok. And 911 didn't connect. Stupid as it may sound, I realise that I don't know what number to dial for the police here. Maybe I have to call General Information to ask for the number next time. And then I realise perhaps I should stop crossing the road at traffic stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home