Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, November 16, 2002

Last night a DJ saved my life. No, I mean my best friend. Really. I was with him and M at the traffic light outside Zouk, waiting to cross the road to the coffeeshop and while away some time before the Rainer Trueby gig. The traffic light turned green and I was ready to walk on but my best friend yelled and I hesitated. Which was lucky, cos a taxi ran across right in front of me before screeching to a halt. I was stunned and the cab driver reversed with an apologetic look. And when I collected my wits enough to start crossing the road, another car zoomed across before me and sped away, even when the traffic light was still solid green (and not even flickering). Fucking hell. It's not like I've got a death wish. It's the fucking green light at the fucking traffic stop. Urgh.

Nothing beats a near accident to make you feel glad to be alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home