Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 17, 2002

Was wandering round Books Kinokuniya with Yoyo when I spotted Italo Calvino's book If on a winter's night a traveller. Realised that I've never read his books yet and impulsively went 2 floors up to the library to check out if they're there. Didn't find If on a winter's night a traveller, but managed to borrow Calvino's Difficult Loves and Numbers in the Dark, as well as Albert Camus' The Outsider and Robert Olen Butler's Mr. Spaceman. It's about time I picked up reading again. I took one month to read Prozac Nation cos it was so depressing that everytime I started reading I wanted to put it down.

Returned to the bookstore to find Yoyo, who showed me an Oracle book, ie. random flip to a page for the answer to any question. He asked me to try it out so I did.
Me: Will I find true love?
Oracle: You'll have to go it alone.
Me: Can you confirm that answer?
Oracle: Yes.

omg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home