Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, November 13, 2002

It's strange but recently I've been remembering a phone call we had, way before I started blogging. It wasn't particularly memorable, just one of those calls back when we would deliberately phone and leave voice mails on each other's answering service, knowing that the other is not home or sleeping. Then one night I decided to leave my handphone on in silent vibrating mode, and slept with it under my pillow. Not even sure that you'd call. Just in case. And you did. At 3+ am. I came to with a start and answered the phone groggily, stunning you cos you thought you had called the wrong number. I wasn't quite coherent and most of the conversation was lost to me, but I remember smiling in semi-consciousness. And after all this time, I'm sure you're doing fine and I'm glad.

But what I miss is not you though, but that hopeful me who'd leave the phone on.. sleepy but ready to answer life's calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home