Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 10, 2002

Drug overload. Today I bought 240 capsules (120 of glucosamine sulphate and 120 of evening primrose oil). Didn't plan on getting the latter, but they were the LAST on the shelf so both my UK travelmate and I grabbed them. Then we wandered round and tried out another new flavour of Blizzard (Reese buttercup). It was while we were licking the Blizzard off our spoons that I had the brilliant idea of swallowing capsules together with it. You know those TV dramas where suicidal women would dump sleeping pills into a tub of ice-cream and sob while killing themselves with mouthfuls of ice-cream? We wanted to see if that worked, if we could swallow capsules without drinking fluid. Don't ask why.

Anyway, it could have worked with sleeping pill tablets, but these capsules we've got are monsters. My glucosamine sulphate capsule is the length of a joint on my last finger while the evening primrose one is just a bit longer than that. But we were gungho, and I started off gulping my glucosamine sulphate down with a chunk of Blizzard. I barely made it and my UK travelmate tried the same with her evening primrose capsule. Tried and failed, to be more precise. The woman turned to me with a funny expression on her face, and mumbled through clenched lips that she couldn't swallow. It was so absurd we looked at each other and burst out laughing hard and long, and she bit through her capsule accidentally and drank the primrose oil instead. Then we turned to look at my remaining evening primrose capsule, and naturally we had to find out if I could swallow it too. So I popped it in with a scoop of Blizzard, realised that it was Mission Impossible, and luckily could drink some water to wash it down.

I guess when people mention drug experimentation, they don't mean this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home