Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 10, 2002

Lazy Sunday morning getting my hair trimmed by my new hair stylist (recommended by my US travelmate). It's only the second time I've visited him but we get along fine. He told me about his 20 years hairstyling experience; how he used to help out in his family renovation furnishing business but cutting hair is more rewarding; how he used to go to the gym but stopped; how some of the hairstylists would run in the area round the hair salon; how to gauge distance between MRT stations (about 2 km); how he'd like to build a house in Penang when he retires. Hearing his voice project from behind my head and maintaining eye contact in the mirror while he snipped away was kinda surreal, but strangely relaxing. I wonder if he's as chatty with my US travelmate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home