Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, May 06, 2002

The mixed bag of thoughts I'm having this morning:
1) I read a soundbite from Phil of the band Orbital, who were performing as themselves playing at an industrial age kind of concert in an upcoming movie. At one point, the music was cut and everyone had to dance silently while some dialogue was being recorded. He said that the sound of 12 000 people breathing together was amazing and wished he had taken a sample of that sound. I wish he had too.

2) Last night, I had my monthly eat-and-read ritual with my UK and US travel mates. As usual I was the slowest among us to read women's magazines. Why, when I read everything else so quickly?

3) Still reading Ned Rorem's diaries inbetween my music magazines. He wrote: Life is inconvenient. It's not ego or evil but sheer mediocrity that's killing the planet. He's probably 79 now, does he still believe that? Or perhaps even more strongly.

4) Even though I have no time, I need to learn something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home