Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, April 24, 2002

There is something I have to say but since I'm the Queen of Beat-around-the-Bush, I guess I'll ramble on a while first.

On being true. I just watched 2 film fest movies: Venus Boyz and Disco Pigs. Especially taken with Venus Boyz, which is about drag kings in New York. As opposed to Drag queens, Drag kings are women who though not necessarily lesbian, adopt the behaviour and dressing of men. The subjects interviewed in the documentary are remarkably frank and true to their beliefs about their gender identities despite the hardships they face. The lengths some people will go to, to remain true.

I have grown weary of being wary. A few events happened in the past year which I couldn't blog about. I remember confiding in a friend about such an incident, and was asked why I didn't blog it. He said he couldn't understand why I was censoring myself if my real identity was already pretty much under wraps. What is the point of having a blog I can't be true to?

It's not the writing, I really love that. It's just this blog has gotten as far as it could go, and as a friend pointed out, it's already getting unhealthy. A trapeze act which has now become a circus freak show. It's time to end this blog and try writing what is true to me, no holds barred.

To digress.. I once had a colleague who was a heavy smoker. He tried all means to quit smoking but he was too addicted. There seemed no way he could give it up, but one morning he just woke up and thought, Today is the day I stop smoking. And he did. Just like that. So thanks for taking the ride with me, but here's where we get off. What happens next? My story goes on and yours too, and we'll all try to wing our way through life.

Vaya con dios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home