Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, December 12, 2001

Just finished watching 2 VCD movies: Stanley Kwan's The Island Tales and the old 80s teen cult movie The Breakfast Club by John Hughes. When I mentioned the latter to ttj, he had no idea about it. It's only when I told him that John Hughes also directed the movie Home Alone that he got it. I don't know about you but this movie is a classic to me. It's about 5 students faced with spending 8 hours together for a Saturday detention. They started off being stereotypes like a jock, a prom queen, a brain, a basket case and a criminal, but they ended up being friends.

There's this scene where Molly Ringwald (acting as the prom queen) was giving Ally Sheedy (acting as the basket case) a makeover by helping her with cosmetics. Ally asked, "Why are you being so nice to me?". And Molly replied, "Cos you let me".

Cos you let me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home