Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, October 28, 2001

Borders is having a 3-for-2 promotion for certain books and I kept hovering round wondering if I should buy Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. The attraction is that Pi is mentioned on the first page and well, I have a thing for Pi. I've thought that Pi will make a good name for a record label cos it's simple; infinite; and in Eco's words... "that number which, however irrational to sublunar minds, through a higher rationality binds the circumference and diameter of all possible circles". I've been told that Pi Records already exist though. What also ticks some friends off is I can't remember their phone numbers, but I can quote Pi off the top of my head up to 21 decimal places even on a bad day. lol.

Anyway to cut it short, I never found enough books to buy for the 3-for-2 promotion so I didn't buy the book after all. And this morning I climbed out of bed and decided to go rummage randomly through my monster piles of unread books. And I found I already have a copy from a few years back. :) It felt like Christmas morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home