Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, September 03, 2001

I bought the Ramones' CD anthology yesterday. It's one of those classic punk-rock collections I procrastinate against buying cos someone else probably has it, but I succumbed and bought it anyway. The first time I heard them was when I was doing a temporary job before entering NUS. An older girl working with me dubbed cassettes from her brother's music collection, and gave them to me. She said it's songs that are nothing on the radio. I think the first Ramones song I've ever heard was We Want the Airwaves. I like the Ramones for their flamboyant short songs, nonsensical lyrics and whimsical song titles, especially The KKK took my baby away.

I've since lost contact with this girl who gave me the Ramones, but people who leave me music have a special place in my memory. Isn't it always like this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home