Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, May 13, 2001

Just got home from clubbing. 2 friends of mine were spinning drum & bass and a couple of us went down to support them and the guest DJ John B. John B is not your typical DJ actually... he majored in cellular biology and his dissertation was on, errm, bruised potatoes. The music tonight was great and I danced over 3 hours with a short drink break inbetween.

I'm a terror on the dancefloor if I really like the music cos I chew up lots of dance space. I especially need lots of elbow room. lol. Some people dislike drum & bass cos of the high speed or beats per minute (bpm) but I like the frenzy. If you stand close to the speakers, the beats will resonate through you and it feels like a pace-maker has been planted in you to hasten your heartbeat, which is way slower than that of the music. When I listen to drum & bass, I like to break down the different layers and dance to the one with the fastest beat. When this happens, each foot will touch the floor only about a quarter of a second. Strange isn't it? Though the basis of the music is beats, I enjoy those drum & bass tracks with vocals most. The best part is always to be surprised by the music... when you think the music can get no better, and it does. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home