Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, May 01, 2001

I was telling a friend about my trip to Vietnam last night. I told him it didn't turn out to be the rough-it-out trip I expected but was instead, a professionally customized package tour for 3. And though I enjoyed this trip, I prefer the backpacking mode of travelling. He told me he enjoys travelling alone cos he can adopt another persona among strangers, someone he isn't really back home. I thought this sounded like irc and explained it to him since he's never irc'd before. His reply was that he would really hide his identity on irc and pretend to be someone young and moronic. Just to be provocative, to have fun.

This led me to thinking there are 4 sorts of people. Those who really believe the earth is flat. Those who know the earth is round but can argue convincingly that it's flat, just because. Those who know the earth is round and want to convince the flat-earthers of their folly. And those who are detached. I'm normally the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home