Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 30, 2001

I'm back finally. There's so much to say about Vietnam I hardly know where to begin, but what I really want to talk about first is actually the last music video I watched in the hotel before taking the flight back home. It's a song by french band Daft Punk called One More Time. The music is quite repetitive really, but what caught my eye was the japanese anime theme of the music video (directed by Leiji Matsumoto, the manga artist of Galaxy Express, Captain Harlock and Queen Esmeraldas). The anime music video is set in the galaxy of the future, where the band was playing to the crowd and everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves. No one noticed the invaders' spacecraft on the radar screen and the invaders (dressed like ninjas) descended upon the planet of the joyous folks. And when someone detected with horror the warning blip on the radar screen, the invaders have appeared. The music video ends there. What is it trying to tell me? What?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home