Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, November 20, 2006

I operate like an elevator most of the time, and respond pretty well to the drudgery of repetitive requests summoning me up or down. But sometimes there are people who know how to push my button, the fire-hydrant red one tucked out of the way. They press it just to hear the alarm and maybe bring me to a jarring halt. Normally I'll bite my lip and let it slide, but you surprised me yesterday.

When my alarm button was pushed, you were the building superintendent barking into his microphone that's broadcasting to the whole lift. You warned off the alarm-raiser. And I didn't sound any bells. I didn't stop.

Thank you.

4 Comments:

  • Wow! Horneeeyyy... pushing all the right buttons, ehh, girl? You can ring my belllll, ring my bell! Know this song? Anita Ward! ;p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

  • Btw, what music do you play in the elevator? Altenative muzak? ;p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • PUSH BUTTON! BEH BEH BEH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • exciting times we live in, attracting the riff raff arent we...ignore the philistines

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home