Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, July 14, 2006

There is only one tiny CD shop in the whole Manila airport. The last time I was there, I asked the shop assistant to recommend me a Filipino album, assuming I would never visit Philippines again. The shop assistant was probably in her 40s, and I wasn't sure what kind of music she would pick; but I was set to buy whichever she chose. Just because.

She thought seriously, and picked out Orange and Lemons' "Strike While the Iron is Hot". And so I bought that album. I still remember that it was my last purchase that trip: I ran out of money and had to pay for this CD half with cash, and half with my credit card.

Today, I visited the CD shop again. I told the shop assistant that I really liked the previous album she had recommended, and asked her for another pick. She smiled and decided on 1 out of 3 finalists. It was The Members' self-titled album.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have that CD shop to look forward to, everytime I leave Philippines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home