Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, July 10, 2006

My personal favorite place to drown is in a pretty girl's eyes. But on a less personal level, the title's supposed to refer to how love seems to be everybody's favorite self-destructive past time. Romance is the most worthwhile misery. In the old days, sailors used to chase after sirens and drown. Drowning is sort of the essence of romance. It's not very romantic unless you're in over your head.
- Michael Leviton, My Favourite Place to Drown

2 Comments:

  • funny coming from a gal that doesn't swim. ;P

    By Blogger Davester, at 10:29 AM  

  • "Drowning is sort of the essence of romance."

    I almost drowned once. On hindsight, it was a fascinating experience - especially at the moment when I realised I was running out of air, I was also thinking how beautiful the sunlight coming through the water was.

    ~ xena

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home