Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, December 30, 2005

People I know here from co-workers, friends, neighbours to security guards, have all asked if I've considered working here long term. But I'm just going where my job will bring me next, and the future seems to point towards Thailand and Philippines though I'll be based out of Singapore.

Had a farewell meal last night, where a co-worker mentioned giving re-watching Terry Gilliam's Brazil DVD a miss in order to make it for dinner. Later on I realised that I also started this year thinking about visiting Brazil with my ex-colleague in Poland, and went as far as to get the travel guide. But this plan got shelved since I resigned soon after. So this year started and will end with Brazil in a way.

I cleared my office desk this morning and it's the cleanest it has looked for months. I'll miss having my own desk cos I'll be hotdesking back in Singapore. I've never bought into the idea of hotdesking despite its practicality.

I've become restless and found it harder to sleep at night. It's this build-up to leaving that I can't stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home