Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, December 19, 2005

You know the bit about how an optimist sees a glass as half full while a pessimist sees it as half empty? Well, I'm an extreme optimist. Not only do I see the glass as half full, I'll go further and think how beautiful the glass looks. A friend on the other hand, doesn't care how much water is in the glass as long as there's water.

Recently I've been questioned by friends on how "zen" I sound, because my optimism seems too good to be true and it's not buoyed by religion. But I don't know how to justify it, or if it can even be justified.

I just hope not to lose it.

3 Comments:

  • so i'm another type of person. i see it as full - half water, half air.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

  • half full or half empty is irrelevant when one can't tell if the water is drinkable...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

  • think the idea that water takes the shape of its container is more religious,...just like what the venereable one said in "little buddha", break the cup and the tea is still there, it is still tea, ;)

    zen...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home